SS unit in Berlin 1945

• What unit SS are present in Berlin in april 1945?

1) SS Nordland
    2) SS Charlemagne
    3) SS guard Bataillon LSSAH
    4) Unità Ezquerra
    5) Fusilier Bataillon (lettische) (?????)

Other???

Thanks in advance for information

Waffen211

• Dear friend,
    you mentioned the units known to have taken part in the battle in Berlin:
    11.SS-Frw.Pz.Gren.Div. "Nordland" (the bulk of the weak Division)
    One bataillon of 33.Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS "Charlemagne" (franz.Nr.1), actually the rest of the fighting power of the former Division
    The Füsilier-Batailon of 15.Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS (lettische Nr.1), beeing devided from a battlegroup of the Division and managed to find its way to Berlin
    Rest of SS-Wach-Bataillon 1 (formed a battlegroup defending the Oder-River in early Febuary or March 1945), but this may be integrated in the so called "KGr.Mohnke" with some other battlegroups of the Waffen-SS formed from scattered elements or from the offices in Berlin, as "KGr. Anhalt"(later Wahl).
    The spanish unit Ezquerra could be found in various publications, but no one knows details ... there was an article in "Der Freiwillige" some times ago, but I couldn´t really belive it
    What do you want to know?

With regards yours Roland

Das Leben ist wie eine Pralinenschachtel - man weiss nie, was man bekommt. Forrest Gump

• Dear friend,

Informations about Croatian, Hungarian, Rumanian, or other units of the Waffen-SS in the Battle of Berlin … not an easy question.
    What units are mentioned in your sources, because I think, you could only identify some scattered elements or only individuals of these formations in some battle groups in this area.

The Rumanian Waffen-Grenadier-Regiment der SS was attachted to the III.germanische SS-Pz.Korps und disbanded to some little tank destroyer groups.
    There were some Hungarian SS-Bataillons, actually construction-bataillons, mentioned on the Oder front, but I couldn´t remember any Croatian troops in this area.

I have the well researched book from Wolfgang Venghaus, Berlin 1945 – Die Zeit vom 16.April bis 2.Mai” , 2.erweiterte Auflage, and there were no other units mentioned as I posted above … I asked Venghaus if he had heard about Spanish volunteers in Berlin, but he got no infos, too!

So I can´t help you, I think!!! ?(
    Regards Roland

Das Leben ist wie eine Pralinenschachtel - man weiss nie, was man bekommt. Forrest Gump