SS/SD Police units Danzig area 1945

• Hi,

I would be extremely grateful if someone could assist me with the following queries.

I have a small piece of paper dated 30.3.45, from Feldlazarett 134 (Az 50 ?) Feldpostnummer 43 697, informing an SS unit of the death of one of their SS men. The man in question is SS-Mann Adam MARKULAK, born 27.4.07 in Daviden, Buchenland. He joined SS-Wacheinheit Lebrechtsdorf in Oct 44. He signed out a MPi on 21.3.45 and died in Feldlazarett 134 2 days later at 1810 on 23.3.45. I would therefore like to know;

Where was Feldlazarett 134 located at this time?

Would Markulak have been seconded to a specific SS/SD unit or kampfgruppe?

Were there any major battle or skirmishes around this area between 21 and 23.3.45 and who with (partisans or advancing Red Army), which could possibly have led to him being killed?

Any info at all on SS-Wacheinheit Lebrechtsdorf?

The paper was located in his soldbuch which pictures Markulak in an SD uniform. The picture in his book is stamped 'Der Chef der Sicherheitspolizei und des SD, Umwandererzentralstelle Danzig, Dienststelle Lebrechtsdorf'.

Please help.

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:https://forum.axishistory.com//viewtopic.php?t=109205

Workforce Analytics Video

• Good Morning

I send you this information from a Polish page that I found a few years ago. I think it was on the forum dws.pl.org. I saved the data after translating it. I hope you can be served.

SS-Wachteinheit "Lebrechtsdorf" positioned in the vicinity of Thorn / Torun, Poland, the city of Danzig in 1945. SS / SD units in combat. The unit will be configured with SD personnel of the Sichersheitpolizei schule located in the vicinity of the SS-Aussenlager "Potulitz", next to the town of Potulice / Potulitz, subkommando dependent on the KZ-Lager "Stutthof", concentration camp next to the city of Danzig, in West Prussia (dependency is reflected in some website in Polish, I think it depended on "Stutthof" since 1942, I will check again).

The Commander of the SS-Wach-Einheit "Lebrechtsdorf" was the SS-Hauptsturmführer Paul Tschesny. His assistant (Spiess) was the SS-Hauptscharführer Wilhelm "Willi" Totzke.

At the end of 1944, the SD staff of the school unit located next to the Subkommando, and the administrative personnel of the SS dependent on the Subkommando, would configure an instruction unit, that would be the nucleus of the unit. The personnel would be sent to Thorn / Torun, near Bydgoszc, being instructed with administrative staff seconded from the administrative offices of Thorn / Torun, and Bydgoszc, reaching a number of 1,200 combatants. Their material means would be sent from weapons depots in both cities. It is known that it was equipped with light weapons, Stg-44 rifles, and carbines of various models, as well as machine guns MG-34, and MG-42. Initially its armament due to administrative problems, it would only give coverage for about 360 combatants, the 668 combatants would be armed with more slowness.

Their instruction will be carried out for the purpose of defensive use; that is to say; his destiny was a defensive line with several hundred kilometers, static defensive positions, bunkers, dependents of the OKH, called Stellung "a", "b", "c", "d" and "e". Such defensive positions covered sectors close to Thorn / Torun, next to the following localities:

Zlotoria.Lubicz.BrzozówkaGrebocinPapowo Torunskie.LysomiceLeszcz.Czarne Blota.Górsk.Wymyslowo.Suchatówka.poludniowy skraj poligonu wojskowego.BrzozaBiale Blota.Otloczyn.Komornicka Buddha.Moskalska Buddha.Brzoza Torunska.

At the end of 1944, after a brief period of instruction, only a small combat unit could be configured, since the remaining personnel could hardly be armed correctly. The unit would reach regimental level, with approximately 1,700 combatants, since it would be assigned staff of the SS-Wach-Bataillon "Stutthof", in addition to recruits conscripts of the Organization "Todt" (RAD) assigned to the Waffen-SS to the initial nucleus. Once configured it would be transferred from Thorn / Torun to about 12 kilometers from the town of Chelmza.

The unit would end up fighting in the vicinity of the city of Danzig, despite its initial destination, being attached remnants of units of the Waffen-SS or the Wehrmacht, who fought in the vicinity of the city.

A greeting.