Information request on Grenzpost / Grenzaufsichtstelle

• Hello all,

I am looking for more information regarding: Grenzposten // Grenzaufsichtstellen.

At Urk, a former fishing island was a so called 'Grenzpost' or 'Grenzaufsichtstelle'.
    However older people told me also they were from the SD (Sicherheitsdienst). Or a group names "Landzoll''

They came at Urk after the invasion of D-Day/ France. They were probably stationed in France and were moved to Urk.

Attached, I found a kind of organogram in a book. Which concludes that the Grenzposten are part of the SD; which is part of the SS.

I got some questions like:

- Am I right if the Grenzpost is the same as a Grenzaufsichtstelle, or the ''Landzoll"?

- Can anyone tell me if the movement from this group out of France to Urk was centrally organised, so more troops were deployed? Or is this more on special purpose probably? [Only this group to Urk]

- Are there people who could tell me more about the structure, and how it was organised, as Urk was only a small place. What was their base/to whom should they report?

- How did their uniforms look like?

Any info on this topic is more than welcome!

Regards,

Robert
    Urk in Oorlogstijd

robert hofman (at) urk in oorlogstijd (dot) nl