181 Artillerie Regiment Kurland 1944

• To start with, I only had a name, wrongly spelt, but now, after much 'research', I have a name : Klemens Piosetzki, a regiment : Artillerie Regiment 181, and even a Feldpost Number : 27433A !
    My Father went missing on 6.8.1944 in Degesiai, near Schönberg, Lithuania/Latvia : this was transformed into 'dead', by the Administration, in 1956, after an eye witness stated, under oath, that he had seen KP 'dead', but later ...
    The problem is that he turned up at Marienwerder WP on 22.10.1944 - to make his fiancée, my mother, pregnant, with ME - so he couldn't have been dead since August, now could he ?
    That same eye witness first stated that KP had died of shrapnel wounds and was buried 3 days later, in the Kurland, 'im Herbst 1944', and then, a week later, that he had seen him (again ?) dead, in Dec 1944/Jan 1945 !
    So now I have a father who died 3 times ?!!
    Fair enough, he would be dead now, anyway, of old age, but I'm trying to find out WHERE he died, so can anyone help with any information on KP's regiment and its whereabouts ?
    Also : KP was officially declared as 'Vermisst' : how come there is no further official mention of him, either as 'on leave', 'wounded', 'dead', or 'buried' ? He couldn't have been a deserter, as that, surely, would have been declared, somewhere ?
    I know the Wehrmacht was 'in a mess' towards the end, but I'm amazed that Soldiers fought and gave their lives, without anyone knowing exactly where, or when !
    PS : his body hasn't been found ...yet. But then, having your own, personal grave was a luxury, in those dreadful times ...