Looking for info on Wehrmacht units stationed near Tuchow, Poland

• Hello,

I'm looking for information about Wehrmacht units that were guarding a railway station in Siedliska near Tuchow (Tarnow region).
    According to some stories that I recently read , at the beginning of the war there was a unit dispatched through Tuchow to nearby stations that was allegedly a part of 54. landesschützen-kompanie under a command of Behringer (don't know his first name) comprising mostly of World War I veterans that was there til may of 1941. I could not find anything about this company anywhere on the net. There was also another unit later on that was stationed in Siedliska, Tuchow and don"t not know exact dates but my family members mentioned air-raids so I assume those were Russian planes so that would indicate a period of the summer of 1941 till January of 1945 when the region was captured by the Russians.

I'm particularly interested in the unit stationed later into the war as it made headquarters at my family house. My late grandmother and her siblings (some of them are still alive) remember all sorts of help they received from those soldiers. I just wanted find out more about them but I'm not sure where to start. I sent an inquiry to the National Military Archives in Germany but they could not help unless I provide them with names and this something I obviously do not know. So if you have any information or you can point in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Regards

Greg Radwanski