• Hello everybody.... I hope you could help me out, I have a Picture of a Wehrmacht soldier and Im trying to ID the city where the foto-shop was .. :)

The adress is: Hohenzollernring 22-24 ... Problem is that this adress could be more then one city .... The Fernsprecher number is 215080 .... Do somebody know where this area code belong ??

The name of the photographer is Erhlich, nachf, Litzenrath ....

Thank you and best regrads

Peter

• Hi Peter,

a "Hohenzollernring" you will find very offen in German towns, so it will be very difficult to find the twon. The six-figure phone-number could be helpfull. Such a large number are in use in that time only in larger towns, such like Berlin, Hamburg, Munich.
    To show a scanne of both side of the picture would also helpful.

Regards

Paul

G-W-G'

• Here is a Picture of the Company name and the Wehrmacht soldier in question...

The man was a Leutnant in the Wehrmacht and if the Picture is from Koln I think it would be safe to presume he was stationed in Koln ... :)

Im sorry for my late reply but I thought I had subscriped to this thread with instant email, but I obvesiously didnt ...

• [...] The man was a Leutnant in the Wehrmacht and if the Picture is from Koln I think it would be safe to presume he was stationed in Koln ... :) [...]

Hi Peter,

sure you´re correct, at least he was there stationed when they took the photo.

• Hi,

this Leutnant was probably an academic. He has on his cheek a scar, typically received in a student corporation (Burschenschaft, schlagende Verbindung) fencing duel (Mensur). Again a small step forward.
    Dieser Leutnant war wahrscheinlich Akademiker. Er hat an seiner Wange eine Narbe, die typischerweise bei einer Mensur erworben wird. Er war also in einer schlagendenStudentenverbindung
    Regard

Paul

G-W-G'

Edited once, last by Paul Spohn (September 20, 2014 at 9:36 PM).