• Hello,

I have a question that I need help with Technical Troops. Can anyone tell me what troops (einheiten) wore the Cogwheel, with Arabic unit number below? I believe water supply units wore this Truppenkennzeichen. Were there others? Any info on any technical units would be helpful.

Also, does anyone know what Truppenkennzeichen was worn for members of the Ingenieur-Offizier-Akadamie?

Warm regards, Don

donnb1944

Edited 2 times, last by donnb1944 (May 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM).

• Hello Don.

first I want to say "Welcome" here in this forum. I guess lots of the members here will have a problem to answer your question cause what do you mean by "

wore the COGWHEEL, with arabis unit number below"

?? Do you have an example (picture or something like that?)
    Ich would translate the word "cogwheel" as "Zahnrad", but I am not sure.

Mit harzl. Gruß
    Denys

Suche Infos zum 744.PiBat. (41/42) der 25. PzDiv. (87. PzPiBat) (43/44) und 21. PzDiv (45), 62. ID bzw. 57.ID 41/42 (164 IR) sowie zur 168. (43) und 376. ID (44)

• Thank you for the response, Denys.
    Yes, the cogwheel is a Gear. It is pictured on page 295 of Schlicht/Angolia book Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army 1939-1945, v.1.
    Also see this website: http://moebius.freehostia.com/trades.htm

The cogwheel is shown under Festugswerksfeldwebel.

The Arabic unit number would be the nummer directly under the cogwheel, to represent the batallion or regiment nummer.

Regards, Don

donnb1944

• Hallo Don,

leider kann ich kein Englich.

Wenn ich es aber richtig verstehe geht es dir um die Zahnräder auf den Schulterklappen.
    Hierzu habe ich folgende Information für dich:

1. auf den Schulterklappen des Ingenieuroffizierkorps (21.4.1939 bis 19.12.1942)
    Waffenfarbe nach Truppenzugehörigkeit (siehe Bilder in Schlicht/Angolia Seite 191)

2. auf den Schulterklappen der Ingenieuroffizierakademie (1.12.1939 bis 1.12.1943)
    - Offiziersanwärter ab 28.12.1939
    - Stammpersonal ab 28.11.1940
    Waffenfarbe je nach Truppenzugehörigkeit

3. wie schon festgestellt Festungswerkmeister Waffenfarbe schwarz (Festungspioniere)

4. Technische Kompanien (Hochbau), Wasserversorgungstruppen
    hier sind die in Technische Kompanien umbenannten, Großen Heeres-Baudienststellen gemeint.
    Siehe Bild im Anhang. (Quelle: Tessin Band 1)

Quellen:
    Schlicht/Angolia Die Deutsche Wehrmacht 1933-1945 - Das Heer
    Tessin Band 1 Die Waffengattungen - Gesamtübersicht

@Alle User des Forums,

Bei Bedarf bitte ins englische Übersetzen. Danke